I love this dress! I bought 3 metres of this lovely soft t-shirt jersey and it's lovely and comfortable. I experimented this time and rather than doing rows of shiring elastic at the top I made a channel at the top to enclose some elastic. I used some lovely grosgrain ribbon that I had in my stash for the ties at the neck and made a fabric tie belt out of matching fabric but I've since got some more of the grosgrain ribbon like I used for the top instead.
And I even had enough fabric to make a long top too. This one has the elastic enclosure at the top the same as the dress, fabric neck ties and I experimented with an elastic back by stitching a piece of elastic 1/4 of my waist measurement to the back half of the dress. It worked well but I sewed it a little bit too low so I need to make a note of that for next time.
So all in all a pretty successful sewing project.