Monday 29 April 2013

covert robin swap

A couple of months ago I signed up for my first ever swap with the covert robin swap. I was really nervous but my lovely friend Samantha reassured me that I'd be ok and to just throw myself in. So after a bit of cyber stalking I decided on a library bag as my partner mentioned trips to the library. All that was left was to decide on a design and colour scheme. I chose a natural colour palette that complimented the cowboy fabrics I chose. I attempted this star pattern using English paper piecing and appliqued the finished star onto the front of the bag. 


My second gift was this hand made seam ripper made using fimo. It has an off white base with brightly coloured stripes running around it. 


And of course I couldn't resist making one for myself too in a lovely marbled effect of pinks and purples with a little added sparkle. 


All that remained then was to add a piece of welsh flag fabric, some chocolate and a letter. I've heard it has arrived safely with it's recipient and she liked it so my first swap was a success. 

1 comment:

  1. Good work Leigh! Did you receive your gift back yet?

    ReplyDelete

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!