Friday 22 March 2013

Bargello table runner

So this project has been popping up here in bits and pieces for a while but it is finally finished! 



I'm really pleased with how well it has turned out and my worries about the fabrics not having enough contrast for this technique were set to rest as the effect of the Bargello technique is clearly visible especially the centre section with the dark brown fabric. I free motion quilted it, my second ever attempt, and it came out really well. I used a simple meandering pattern with some attempts at free motion flowers. It is quite dense quilting and has created a lovely textured effect now it has been washed and dried. 

It fits perfectly on the blanket box at the base of our bed and the remaining fabrics are going to be used for pineapple blocks and possible dresden plate blocks to applique onto a plain pink duvet cover to go on the bed. 

While matching up lots and lots of seams was a pain I really like how it has turned out and I will definitely be using this technique again. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!