Wednesday 6 February 2013

Finish-a-long Q1 update 6/2/13

So as you know I am taking part in the Finish-a-long quarter 1 

My list of tasks I hope to achieve can be found in more detail in this previous post. 

Today is an update to see how I am getting along at meeting this list. 

1- Strip piecing college coursework. 
To do: 
a) bargello runner for blanket box at base of bed All of the strips are sewn, cut and laid out in order. They just need sewing together and I can then decide on how I'm going to quilt it. 
I had a mistake with one section that I stitched in college as I had the 1/4 inch seam set wrong and I stupidly didn't check so when I came to join it to a section I did at home they were completely different sizes. That college panel has now been repurposed into a journal cover for my blog planner. 
b) seminole strips to edge pillowcases. I didn't like how these looked so I'm now looking at alternative options
c) applique initials onto pillowcases
d) 3 x log cabin blocks for D's quilt I've changed my mind and decided to do pineapple blocks instead. The foundation piecing guides are ready so as soon as the bargello strips are joined I can make a start on these. 
e) 3 x dresden plate blocks for my quilt. I've printed out the templates

2- Finish the cushions for the living room sofa

3 & 4 - Sam library bag and innotab bag
Tasks 3 and 4 share a photo as I'm not 100% sure of which fabrics I will use for which yet, Most likely the library bag will be the baby looney tunes fabric lined with the striped fabric and the innotab case will be the striped fabric with the red fleece lining and the Thomas tank border strips as pockets. 

5 - Finish my PJ bottoms

6. Alter my jumper

7. Finish my patchwork top. 

8 - Mum's scarf 

9 - Mum and Dad's blanket 

10 & 11 - Japanese folded bags 
The fabric for Tracy's bag has arrived at last (slight delay because of the snow) and I've started work on the bag. 24 folded panels are made, stitched and joined together to make the front and back of the bag. I've made the base of the bag and have started on the side panels. I'm hoping to get it finished this weekend which will be 3 whole weeks before her birthday which may be a record for me! I can't show you any pictures yet as I don't want to spoil the surprise for her of what fabrics I chose. 

12 - Stack n whack 
I've cut all the patterned fabric for this quilt and pinned it up on my design wall so I know which 4 blocks are rotating clockwise and which 4 are rotating anti clockwise. I've assembled 1 block so far so still to do:
a) cut the remaining shapes of the background fabric
b) Assemble the remaining 7 blocks 
c) decide what I'm doing for the central block
d) cut sashings andjoin together the 9 blocks 
e) Quilt and bind 

13 - Mum and Dad's cushions
Complete and delivered to a very happy Mum and Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!