Saturday 23 April 2011

Gadget girl

Over the past few weeks I've bought myself a few new sewing gadgets and I thought I'd share them with you!
The first thing I bought was a loop turner. So far I've only used it once but I can see it coming in very handy.


The second thing I bought was a quilters finger guard. I'm terrible for stabbing myself when I do any hand stitching so hopefully this will be a very helpful investment!! 


The third thing was a water soluble fabric marker. How did I never know such a thing exisited?!? 


And the last thing I bought was a nifty little gadget called a bob n serge. I was bought an overlocker for the business by a charity organisation that helps unemployed and disabled parents get back into work and up till now I haven't used it. Firstly because I'm still nervous about using it as I haven't used one since school and secondly because until I found this handy little gadget I thought it meant buying 4 cones of cotton which is pretty expensive. But then I came across the bob n serge which enables you to run your overlocker (serger for my US readers) via 4 bobbins of thread. That means that I can now match my overlocking to the fabric same as I do my stitching rather than having to stick to basic black or white. According to the manufacturer you can overlock all the components of an adult size t-shirt using one set of bobbins. I haven't used it yet but I'll let you know when I do!

So there you go those are my newest gadgets! 
Got any other great gadgets you wouldn't live without? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!