Wednesday 6 March 2013

Finish a long Q1 update 6/3/13


So as you know I am taking part in the Finish-a-long quarter 1 

My list of tasks I hope to achieve can be found in more detail in this previous post. 

Today is an update to see how I am getting along at meeting this list. Sadly I haven't got as much finished as I had hoped due to ill health, other unexpected tasks and things taking longer than expected but I'm sure that if I hadn't started this I wouldn't have accomplished half as much and I can always roll these items over to next quarter. 

1- Strip piecing college coursework. 
To do: 
a) bargello runner for blanket box at base of bed 

I had a mistake with one section that I stitched in college as I had the 1/4 inch seam set wrong and I stupidly didn't check so when I came to join it to a section I did at home they were completely different sizes. That college panel has now been repurposed into a journal cover for my blog planner. 

The runner is now completed. I'm currently writing a separate post on this so pictures to follow soon. 

b) seminole strips to edge pillowcases. I didn't like how these looked so I'm now looking at alternative options
c) applique initials onto pillowcases
d) 3 x log cabin blocks for D's quilt I've changed my mind and decided to do pineapple blocks instead. 
e) 3 x dresden plate blocks for my quilt. I've printed out the templates

2- Finish the cushions for the living room sofa

3 & 4 - Sam library bag and innotab bag

5 - Finish my PJ bottoms

6. Alter my jumper

7. Finish my patchwork top. 

8 - Mum's scarf 

9 - Mum and Dad's blanket 

10 & 11 - Japanese folded bags 
I have finished Tracy's bag and she loved it so now that she's received it  can finally share it with you all. There is a post to follow soon. 

12 - Stack n whack 
I've cut all the patterned fabric for this quilt and pinned it up on my design wall so I know which 4 blocks are rotating clockwise and which 4 are rotating anti clockwise. I've assembled 1 block so far so still to do:
a) cut the remaining shapes of the background fabric
b) Assemble the remaining 7 blocks 
c) decide what I'm doing for the central block
d) cut sashings andjoin together the 9 blocks 
e) Quilt and bind 

13 - Mum and Dad's cushions
Complete and delivered to a very happy Mum and Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!