Sunday, 14 November 2010
Christmas tree ornaments in folded patchwork.
How to make:
1. Take a polystyrene christmas tree shape. Paint the bottom half brown and allow to dry.
2. Cut out approx 40 3.5cm/1.5inch squares of assorted christmas fabrics.
3. Cut out 8 2.5cm/1inch squares of the same fabrics as step 2.
4. Fold in half diagonally and in half diagonally again (see picture).
5. Use an offcut of one of the fabrics and pin using sequin + bead pins to cover the top.
6. Starting from the bottom with the biggest squares pin slightly overhanging the bottom with the folded corner down and cut edges up. Place at N,S, E + W.
7. Move up slightly and position with the point inbetween the previous 2. Again place at N, S, E + W.
8. Continue going up in rows until you are a little over 3/4 of the way up and have space for 2 or 3 rows remaining.
9. Continue but this time use the smaller squares.
10. Attach a ribbon loop for hanging the tree.