Thursday 7 November 2013

Sewing birthday presents

This year I tried to make as many birthday presents as I could. I made this tissue box cover for my father in law who loves liquorice allsorts. 


Sam and I made this bag together for my mum's birthday. Dod (pronounced door d) was what Sam called her when he was a toddler and for some reason it stuck so that is what he still calls her now. He chose the fabric (it was my quilt cover when I was a teenager) and chose the colour felt for the letters. He helped trace the letter templates and cut out the letters too. 


Then it was time for the sewing. I stitched around the letters then sam stitched all the straight seams himself. It is so much easier for him now that I have the new machine that works without the foot pedal and he loves to sew things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!