Wednesday 24 July 2013

ironing board

A while ago I made a little ironing pad for my sewing room but it had seen better days! So it was time to make a new one. After trawling tutorials, pinterest and talking to hubby we came up with a plan. I'd bought a damaged cupboard door from bargain corner at IKEA with plans to make an extension table for my sewing machine but since I got a new machine that came with one its been sat unused in the corner of my room for weeks. In comes some pretty pink fabric with tailors dummies on perfect for my sewing room and a packet of ironing board padding. 

Typically when I need it the staple gun has disapeared so we had an unplanned delay in assembly while I bought a new one but now its finally finished.



I used 2 layers of the padding so its soft enough to iron on but still firm enough to give some pressure when pressing. It sits beautifully on my little table next to my sewing table but is small enough to lift onto my sewing table if I need to. Really pleased how its come out and I have plans to make a sewing machine cover and mat in coordinating fabric. 

 

1 comment:

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!