Sunday 14 July 2013

hexagons update

So my scrappy hexagon quilt is progressing nicely. Here is 7 rows of the full width of the quilt (30 hexagons) so only 33 more rows to sew!


My lovely friend bought me this lap tray for me to sew while I'm resting which was very sweet of her and it's getting some good use. 


I had an unexpected stay in hospital (including my birthday) which gave me plenty of time to stitch and pass the time and lots of progress was made.


I posted a request on my sewing group for unwanted scraps to help me complete the quilt and I've been overwhelmed by the offers of support. I've had fabrics arrive from around the world including  Australia, America and other parts of the UK and promises of fabric from even more. It's been lovely to see these packages arrive with little notes telling me all about the people that sent them and this quilt is going to have some stories to sell when it's finished! I've been keeping a list of any parcels as they arrive so that I can make a detailed quilt label for the back of the quilt detailing the names and locations of all my wonderful friends who have supported me. 
There is room for any more dontations and if you are interested please do get in touch. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!