Saturday 19 January 2013

Fundraising for ME awareness and research


I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia/CFS/ME for 5 years although I have suffered with it for much longer than this. It is a much misunderstood illness which many people think means "you're a bit tired all the time" but there is much more to it than that. If you are interested in learning more then you can ask (I promise to answer all questions as honestly as I can) or here is a link to some more information.

A group of us are having a sponsored PJ day on Sunday May 12th which is fibromyalgia/ME/CFS awareness day. A PJ day may not seem as 'worthy' as someone runnng a marathon but for us sufferers just getting through a day in one piece can be as taxing as running a marathon. Keeping it as something with quite a low energy level also means that those of us with very limited energy are as able to join in as those in a better position.

I've chosen action for ME as my charity as i hope one day through their continuing research they will find a cure.

It doesn't matter if you can spare 50p or £50 your donation could literally change my life!!! so please donate whatever you can. Here is a link to my just giving page which is easiest but I'm happy to accept donations by cash or cheque if that is easier for you.


Thank you

Leigh xxxx



Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!