Friday 10 February 2012

Iris folding

A bit of a change from my usual crafting but an enjoyable one. I've not been feeling too well and after getting bored of watching tv but not strong enough to do much else I was at the end of my tether. Then I had to root out a card blank from my old card making box for Sam to make a card for his great grandmothers 80th birthday. I came across a kit I had bought ages ago and thought it looked like a nice craft I could do on a side table by the sofa.

The kit was for making iris folding cards. They are called this because the finished effect resembles the iris of a camera.

You start with a double fold card blank with an aperture cut in the middle panel. You place this aperture over the template:



Then you cut pieces of patterned paper into strips some 1/4 inch thick some wider (I just cut a selection) and starting with number 1 you cover the section and tape the paper in place. Carry in order adding strips. This pattern has 48 sections. You then end up with something looking like this:




Then you fold over the left flap and secure with double sided tape and you have a unique card. Here are the 2 I made this afternoon:



I'm rather pleased with them. What do you think?

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!