Friday 9 September 2011

Mum's rainbow birthday cake

For mum's birthday celebrations last week I decided to make her a rainbow birthday cake.
They've been very topical on pinterest and blogs lately so we decided to have a go at making one. I decided I only had the energy for 3 layers so we were going to aim for the 3 primary colours of red, yellow and blue. But lack of colourings dictated that purple had to replace the red.

We stacked the 3 cakes with a bit of butter icing as glue and covered it in swirls of butter icing using a piping bag and a large star nozzle. Then at Sammy's insistence we decorated it with mini smarties!






Looks pretty good even if I do say so myself!
And mum was pretty pleased with it:






Even if we did have to light the candles 3 times so Sam could help blow them out!

And here's a picture of it cut:








Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!