Luckily my dressmaking confidence is growing and after agreeing to a UFO challenge with Samantha of Handmade by Mrs H I gave them a try. I used a simplicity pyjama pattern that I had already and scaled up the size slightly and rather than tapering in the legs took them straight down.
They were relatively simple to make and I did most of the initial assembly with my overlocker (serger) and then reinforced any high stress seams using my sewing machine. They have a simple elasticated waist for ease of making and comfort.
Personally I think they are slightly too short but hubby says they are fine. Either way for a first attempt I think I did pretty well!
Please excuse me sticking my tongue out in the side profile pic but hubby was teasing me and that's the only side profile pic he took so I'll have to use it.