Wednesday 16 February 2011

Personalised Thomas the Tank T-shirt


Edited 17/02/11 - better photo added

Here is the newest addition to Sammy's wardrobe. Sorry about the rubbish picture :-( It was dark by the time I finished making it and I need to get a proper picture in the morning. Edited 17/02/11 - better photo added I took a plain White polo shirt 3 for £3 from the school range at Tesco and using about 1/4 of a metre of fabric I cut out 4 bias strips and the letters of is name.

I tried using that fancy bias making gizmo again but I still can't get the hang of it so went back to ironing it the old fashioned way.

I joined two bias strips together for the bottom edge and used one strip for each sleeve. The letters are appliquéd on with short zig zag stitches.

This is the 2nd project from this fabric. I made Sam a pair of braces back in October 2010 Braces Post
I think they'll look adorable together and he's got non uniform day on Friday so I'll get a chance to try them out.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!