Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Personalised Thomas the Tank T-shirt


Edited 17/02/11 - better photo added

Here is the newest addition to Sammy's wardrobe. Sorry about the rubbish picture :-( It was dark by the time I finished making it and I need to get a proper picture in the morning. Edited 17/02/11 - better photo added I took a plain White polo shirt 3 for £3 from the school range at Tesco and using about 1/4 of a metre of fabric I cut out 4 bias strips and the letters of is name.

I tried using that fancy bias making gizmo again but I still can't get the hang of it so went back to ironing it the old fashioned way.

I joined two bias strips together for the bottom edge and used one strip for each sleeve. The letters are appliqu├ęd on with short zig zag stitches.

This is the 2nd project from this fabric. I made Sam a pair of braces back in October 2010 Braces Post
I think they'll look adorable together and he's got non uniform day on Friday so I'll get a chance to try them out.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!