Saturday 11 December 2010

My new quilting on the go bag

I had another bad night last night so rather than sit on the sofa watching rubbish on tv I decided that seen as sam was at my parents so I wouldn't wake him I'd get on with some sewing. I finished the last crayon roll for Bev's order, made a crayon roll as a present for my nephew as we went to visit him today and then decided to make myself a little bag to carry my current projects for when I'll have a chance to work on them.
I'd bought this fabric at the quilt show a few weeks ago as it made me smile (this is only half the panel there are another 4 designs too). Its a simple rectangular bag with a lining made from a tea towel I'd bought in a pack from a pound shop a while ago. It's just big enough to hold a4 card/paper (for cutting out templates or printouts) or a magazine. I bought myself 2 pink plastic a5 wallets in Tesco this week so they are in there too. All that is missing now is a little needle case to hold a few needles + some pins and a small scissors.
I liked the design with the long across body strap and I'm thinking of making some handbags in the same style but with the bag being square. I'll post some pictures when I do.
------------------

3 comments:

  1. Great bag. I keep my knitting in an easy to grab bag. Easy to have a project to work on when waiting for something away from home, or easy to grab the current scraf to work on in front of the tv.
    ~Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimberlee, yes it's great to be able to grab things easily isn't it. I've got 2 projects in there at the moment:
    2 mini house shape doorstops
    a hexagonal patchwork cushion
    I'm very jealous of your knitting I've tried to learn a few times but I just can't do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up to Take-A-Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee Craft Edition - I featured you today! - Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!