Thursday, 28 October 2010

The saga of the fabric baskets continues!

Ok so the 9oz wadding turned out to be too thick so I had to split it in half. Not ideal but it worked. All the bases and sides are sewn and turned right way out I just need to slip stitch the turning gaps closed then I can start assembly.
The handles were a nightmare! I tried doing it the same way as the base and sides but turning a long thin strip right way out is tricky enough without the wadding and with it was impossible.
I decided to make the handles by pressing over the raw edges and folding in half to enclose them then top stitching around. I tried to insert a strip of wadding but it was too fiddly for words so I've left them unstuffed. Hopefully they'll work ok.
Pictures to follow when eventually get them finished!!
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!