Monday 20 September 2010

Starting my first patchwork quilt

Ok so I'm finally starting my first patchwork quilt. My sewing room is unpacked if not quite right yet so going to get started.
The squares are 2.5inches square. Have laid them all out on the living room floor so that I could stand back and check that it looked pleasing and there were no squares the same too close to each other or blocks together that didn't go. Had to move a few around but not too many.
Going to start pinning the rows together now ready to start sewing. Can't wait to get started now!! Got some stunning pink gingham to use as the backing and the edging just need to get something different to use for binding now, thinking maybe purple??
Help raise awareness of Fibromyalgia for sufferes like me www.fibromyalgia-associationuk.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!