Monday 19 July 2010

Doorstop

Here is the doorstop I made for my mum. I've seen fabric doorstops in the shops and they are ridiculously expensive so decided to have a go myself. It's only small, made from 6 2.5 inch squares of fabric I had leftover from making the noticeboards in my craft room. I assembled them in the basic net of a square -I-- and stitched it together inside out leaving a gap on one seam. Then just turned it right side out, filled it with rice and hand stitched the opening closed. Its small enough to be used as a paperweight or will hold a standard house door. Thinking of making 4 to go with sam's picnic blanket as weights for breezy picnics.
Anyone think of any more uses for them?
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on readers show me some bloggy love!!!